Monday, August 3, 2009

What a drag it is getting old


I accept the fact that I'm getting older. I recognize that fact every time I look in the mirror and see more gray in my beard, more wrinkles on my face and those damned hairs that grow everywhere but my head. Tonight though, is the first time that my age has really impeded me. I have a fairly severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome in my right wrist which flares up on occasion. With all of the work on the house, specifically the drywall work, it has flared up in a big way. It got so bad tonight that I had to resign myself to the fact that I can no longer finish the drywall that I started. Because my hand goes into various stages of numbness, I can't apply the correct amount of pressure or angle on the blade. This has led me to the unfortunate realization that:
  1. I'm old
  2. I have to hire a contractor to finish it
  3. I have to pay said contractor too much money to finish it
  4. I'm old
1 and 4 bother me the most. I can live with 2 and 3.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect its all this blogging and facebooking that gave you the carpal tunnel.

    But then how ironic that it provided you with more material from which to blog.

    Cruel irony indeed

    ReplyDelete