Sunday, July 18, 2010

Today is the day...

Dani and I are currently in MI and are approaching our departure time. We are leaving the kids here for two weeks so they can visit with cousins, get some quality Nana & Pop time and, of course, swim, swim, swim. Today will be the first hurdle. Leaving for us is the first hard part. Getting home and realizing that we are sans kids is the second hard part. Then for the first few days it;s a nice break to not have to think or worry about lunches or messes or breaking up any fights. Around day 4 the "missing" begins to kick in. By the end of the first week, I'm ready to have them back. Week two begins to get really hard and by the end of week two I can't wait to see them. This, of course, lasts for about 30 -45 minutes until I have to break up the first argument and then I remember the peace longingly. In the end, it's a good break for us, for them, and a treat for all the family in MI that miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment