Saturday, July 17, 2010

Why I left Facebook

I know, I know, you've heard this before, but I really am done this time. I'm pretty sure anyway. I first checked out FB when Dani joined it a little over a year ago. I ridiculed the whole concept at first until suddenly I was chatting with people from school that I hadn't seen in a long, long time. I thought it was cool and an easy way to stay in touch. For a while, it was. then FB decided to improve the site. Suddenly I had lost control of what I wanted to see. I was seeing what THEY wanted me to see. I quickly realized that I was missing out on entire postings, photos and other content that I wanted to see. Then came the constant changing and tweaking of the privacy settings. It seemed that every other day there was a new warning about something that I needed to enable or disable or check or uncheck or some such nonsense. It began to become too much work. Add to that the stupid amount of time that I wasted on it and it just seemed like time to go. I'll be leaving my account active for a while. I will post links to this site from my status and will see how everyone is doing. I hope that you all will stay in touch and please come and visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment